Friday, December 28, 2007

Commodity ETFs - New Investing ETN

Let me start by saying I am biased: I love commodities.

I own several natural resources funds, gold and silver companies, and GLD. I love the fundamentals and the diversification they offer, so I am always looking for new ways to get exposure. And I believe I just found it: The Rogers International Commodity Index, (symbol, RJI, http://www.elementsetn.com/ProductsPage.aspx).

This new index is comprised of 36 commodity futures contracts: 44% energy, 34% agriculture, and 22% metals. Keep in mind, RJI is an Exchange-Traded-Note, meaning, it is a debt security with market and issuer risks, it matures in 2022 and is traded on the American Stock Exchange.

Through one security, I can gain exposure to all commodities and reduce my portfolio correlation and risk profile.

I urge you to visit the website in order to find out more and to do your own due diligence before investing!

Amaury
Contributing Author, ETF Updater
http://etfupdater.com

No comments: