Monday, December 17, 2007

Swing Trading and Day Trading ETFs – Large Position Sizes Are Not Absolutely Necessary

Contrary to popular belief you don’t need to trade big share sizes to make a fair amount of money in the market.

In addition to trading for a living, I manage subscription based educational service called the Swing Trade Playbook. The idea behind the Playbook and this blog is to educate individuals about ETFs, trading, swing trading and day trading.

Every weekday night my Swing Trade Playbook outlines my trading plan for the next trading day. By doing this, I allow individuals to “peek over my shoulder” and see tomorrow's trading plan today!

Today’s lesson, you don’t need to trade large size to earn a good living swing trading. The image below shows the positions my Swing Trade Playbook shared with subscribers about one week ago. As you can see the largest position is only 1,136 shares and if you were to enter the positions your unrealized P&L would be pretty close to $21,000 with an initial risk of approximately $7,000 (a 3 to 1 reward to risk ratio).




I wanted to show this since a potential subscriber emailed and asked how I can make any money trading small share sizes.

If you would like to learn more about my Swing Trade Playbook go to my website http://etfupdater.com.

Mike Matousek, CMT
Portfolio Manager, ETF Updater
http://etfupdater.com/

No comments: